Thursday, December 1, 2016

Service- A Christlike Attribute

October 31, 2016
Hey Y'all!
It has been quite a week, O few things I forgot to mention last week was that Wetumpka
is an Island that sits in the middle of the Coosa river. It's so beautiful, and most of the
people here are baptist, we only have around 15 LDS families. And Wetumpka means
rushing waters, which is totally true about this island, it had a beautiful river and it's right
next to my house and hear the rushing waters every morning when we run. no body ever
gets close to the river because the current is very strong and there are alligators there
during the winter, spring seasons. The people here never chain any of their dogs so when
Sister Begay and I go tracking there are always like 4 to 6 different dogs following us by the
time we are done.
Okay so something so cool is that We were tracking on Krenshaw Road and we were just
sharing scriptures and giving service to people that lived on that road. This man came up
to Sister Begay and I and we could tell Edward was just looking to bash with us, he asks,
"what can you guys teach me that I can't learn in the bible." Right away we responded to
him in saying that we too read the bible and that we just like him have a faith in Christ.
Right away he lightened up and invited us to meet his family, he took us over to people
who had rejected us earlier and we got to know them a little more. Turns out Edward and
his family has been through a lot, and we are going to be going back to do service for
them. Everyone on Krenshaw Road were just so humble and caring, I'm excited to work
with these people! Later that night we had dinner with a friend to the missionaries named
Kenny. He is a really good Cook. He cooked a very southern meal for us, alot of carbs, I
LOVED IT!!! But in one conversation it was getting a little intense and Sister Begay Had
shared a beautiful testimony and I believe our relationship with kenny has grown.
This week we had Helped the Stihora's move into their new house, so that was alot of fun.
And we are going tomorrow to Heidi To help clean and reorganize her house. And we help
the Cambals repaint their house, They had barely had a baby so they've been needing alot
of help. and we had invited them to the ward trunk or treat, the members were very
welcoming, they are such a good family. Alot of service is being done and I feel like that
allows people to trust us more a good way of sharing and growing our Christ like
attributes.
So our Elder's are so good to us, Because I have lost my wallet I didn't have any money to
buy my bike, well Elder Butterfeld as allowed me to barrow his bike until we were able to
get me a new card, which should be coming in today! Also Sister Begay and I have been in
pretty sketchy situations and with them watching out for us I feel like I'm protected. I am so
glad That we have the priesthood and that worthy men use it for the benefits of others, If it
wasn't for our Elders a situation could have been worse, and the missionary work probably
wouldn't be as effective either.
I think is all that I have touched on, I probably will remember more things to write after I
get off. But I know that this gospel is true and we shouldn't be shy or ashamed to share it
because everyone needs it! And we don't need to be preaching it either, just in our
conversations and our examples people will tell if you are a true witness of Christ. I know
Christ has given us an opportunity to repent and perfect if we choose to repent. I love you
all and Am praying for many! don't be afraid to write or email me.
Sister Hatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment